Monday, March 9, 2009

THE DONUT RIDE

went into toronto on sunday morning with my buddy "fast" freddy to do the donut ride.. a legendary ride that has existed since the mid-70's that some of the great in canadian cycling have made their fave training route for years. its even on the wikipedia website as to the history of the ride. it was my first time out with them, and of course my bladder acts up like 5 times in the first hour, more from all the coffee consumption, and my last pit stop is just when they drop the hammer into a long, grindy hill....bye bye group. caught them at coffee stop in king city withthe help of a gracious rider who helped me sort out my directional probs and get me on my way again. the group splits into 2...one to do the longer, hillier route thru aurora and the other makes an earlier exit to get to the coffee shop sooner. the coffe shop has all these photos of the rides that have stopped over the years to partake of their coffee and donuts at the mid way point. all, in all, a great day of riding with some of the best in ontario. about 3.5 hrs of riding and new friendship making.

as for the week.....

mon 90 mins indoors
tues 90 mins indoors
wed 4hrs outdoors some intervals
thur 3.25 hrs outdoors
fri 2.25 hrs really windy 60km/h gusts
sat 3 hrs indoors hard computrainer session
sun 3.5 hrs donut ride toronto

the legs r feeling the volume, but will get use to it. as this is the start of march, hopefully the rest of the month goes along at this pace.

No comments: